Process on How to update Jiofi Firmware Upgrade by logon into jiofi.local.html url…
Technology keeps on changing each and every day in order to accommodate the new discoveries and features. These features are important because they make it easy for people to get the most out of their gadgets. Owners of Jiofi Routers have also not been left behind since Reliance Jio releases a new Jiofi Firmware after a couple of months or even days. Users should therefore upgrade the Jiofi Firmware of their router to the latest version as soon as it is made available to the general public.
By upgrading the Jiofi Firmware, you will be able to make use of new features while at the same time achieving a fast internet connection. In addition to this, you will also solve issues such as overheating of the router whenever it is charging or while using it to access the internet.
Jiofi Firmware Upgrade Procedure in jiofi.local.html
Before upgrading Jiofi Firmware to the latest version, you must have some things ready. They include:
- A fully charged Jiofi Router’s battery.
- Factory default login details
- The latest version of Jiofi Firmware
With these requirements in place, you can make use of the systematic guide below to upgrade your Jiofi Firmware.
- Turn on your Jiofi device by pressing the power on button. You must wait until the Jiofi Router is on before releasing the button.
- Next, establish a connection between your Personal Computer and the Jiofi Wi-Fi network using a USB cable.
- Open the search bar of your installed browser (Google Chrome) and enter http://Jiofi.local.html/index.htm as the URL. This link will direct you to the homepage of Reliance Jio site.
- You will then have to click on the ‘login’ button that is strategically situated at the top right corner of the homepage.
- A new window will appear from where you should fill in your login details i.e. Password and username. Users who have never logged into the site should use ‘administrator’ as both the username and password. Click on “login” button to log in.
- After a successful login, you will have to select the “Settings” tab by clicking on it. This action will generate a drop down box from where you should click on “Firmware Upgrade” option.
- Have a look at the installed Jiofi 2/3 Firmware version that is just beneath “Device Software” field.
- Now click on “Browse” option which is under the “Software Upgrade” field after which you should select the location of Jiofi Firmware
- As soon as you have selected the firmware, click on the “Apply” button to start the firmware upgrade. This may take a couple of minutes hence you must exercise patience.
- Once updated, your Jiofi Router will reboot automatically.
- Finally, hard reset the Jiofi Router to restore the factory default settings. With the firmware version updated, you can start using your Jiofi Router by connecting it to a Personal Computer or Smartphone.
Jiofi users must check the router firmware version on a regular basis if they are to update it as soon as it is available. By doing so, you will never have to worry about slow surfing speeds which can prove to be stressful at times.